Friday 27 May 2016

27 May 2016 - Aileron Trim Wiring, Final Fit and Calibration.

Today it was the turn of the aileron trim.

Nut Plate Brackets on the Aileron Trim Servo
First I dug out my parts and assembled the servo and linkages. I didnt relish the idea of struggling with the supplied small nylock nuts while contorting and levitating in the confines of the cockpit so I made a couple of  brackets with nutplates to make the job easier.

I final assembled the servo linkage assembly:




Then I attached a connector just like the one on the Pitch Trim Servo in the comfort of a chair at my bench:




The next connector was made off in the cockpit floor and the assembly was fitted to the center section of the floor. Even with the nut plate bracket it is not easy working on this. Would definitely recommend spending the time making them




Tested it without the springs attached to the joystick plenty of travel from the white lever:

Full Travel For Right Wing Up 
Mid Position
Full Travel For Left Wing Up
As for the Pitch trim you need to calibrate it befor the position shows up on the widget this time I took a few snaps. Poor quality due to glare and protective plastic on screens but you get the idea:
Aileron  Trim Widget Before Calibration
Calibration is done with Skyview while moving the trim servo










And now I have a working widget indicating both Pitch and Aileron trim with green takeoff indicators visible too
Functioning Trim Widget

You can see I have already got my flaps widget indicating too - I will post a few snaps of the installation shortly when I finalise the wiring for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment